This property is currently let
DELIGHTFUL RURAL SETTING for this 2 bed country Cottage with views and gardens and its own babbling brook - just on the outskirts of the welcoming market town of Barnoldswick, on the Lancashire and Yorkshire borders. Within walking distance of town. Not to be missed. Long let available. Ample off road parking. Well placed for the commuter for A59 and M65
18, Gillians Lane (off Manchester Road) Barnoldswick, Lancashire BB18 5QR
Landlords are carrying some cosmetic work to bring the cottage back to their standards for renting again.
IDYLLIC, PRIVATE, DRIVE-IN LOCATION FOR THIS CHARMING COTTAGE PROPERTY WHICH IS SMALL IN SIZE BUT BIG IN CHARACTER. THE LOCATION IS ITS BIGGEST ASSET.
It is the end cottage of the two shown in the image. The neighbouring attached cottage is only the side elevation, as it fronts onto Gillians Lane itself. The drive in parking and extensive gardens, with a brook running through, is unshared. The anticipated rent for this delightful cottage is circa £575pcm EPC - current is D61 and potential B90
MAKE THIS YOUR HOME.
Would suit single occupant or couple. Would be perfect for garden lovers. The setting is lovely with views of the surrounding countryside.. Very well placed for being outside the town but only minutes away.
Lovely countryside, babbling brook, gardens, raised decking, drive-in parking (the drive in parking area belongs to this cottage only and there is a five barred gate at its entry), and charm and character are all on offer with this attractive true cottage which is situated on edge of the small but busy market town of Barnoldswick. Take a brisk walk into town with its array of amenities and private shops where all are welcomed within an active and friendly community, or simply take a two minute drive. A short drive over Manchester Road, Barnoldswick will also take you to the bustling village of Barrowford and/or the M65 at Colne. An added plus is the nearby A59 which takes you to Ribble Valley within ten minutes or the delightful market town of Skipton in 15 - 20 mins which opens up the pleasures of the Yorkshire Dales. Barnoldswick has a lot to offer and is in an excellent location for the commuter for both Lancashire and Yorkshire. Most people who are introduced to Barnoldswick don't leave.
CL TAX BAND C
EPC WAITING TO BE ADDED
Accommodation in brief
There are two doors to the front elevation, one leading into the kitchen and the main one leading into a porch entrance.
The property has GAS CENTRAL HEATING and was completely refurbished prior to the last tenancy, to include new
bathroom and kitchen and all new carpets . The carpets have been replaced again for new tenants. Accommodation in brief:-
To the ground floor
- A characterful sitting room open plan to diner with open-tread staircase off with wrought iron balustrade, beamed ceiling, stone fireplace housing living flame gas, large picture window, 2nd window, glazed door to front entrance porch.
- Inner hall leading to storage and boiler, and door to bathroom with 3pce suite in white, pine cladding, tiling to walls, shower attachment over bath. Boarded ceiling.
- New fully fitted kitchen installed overlooking garden and countryside. The kitchen has a fridge, fitted oven and gas hob, space for washing machine, stainless steel sink, attractive worktops and cupboards. Lovely views from the window. External door. The cooker has been replaced again for new tenants.
To the first floor
- 2 double bedrooms both with built in cloaks cupboards and both with views of the lovely countryside. The two bedrooms will both take a double bed. Each room has built in closets. Views are a particularly attractive bonus.
- Gas central heating.
- Lock-up, walk-in store to outside.
- Raised decked area to the excellent gardens.
- Good sized gardens and frontage.
- Walkway along the brook and small bridge over.
- Ample drive-in parking
The gentle sound of rippling water can be heard from the brook and the peacefulness and calm of the lovely countryside is a delight when viewed from this tranquil location. There is a small cluster of other similar properties close by in Gillians Lane itself.
If you are looking for a long term home this cottage has a lot to offer.
This could be made into a delightful home and is within sensible distance of all amenities and major roads, short drive to A59 via Bracewell or Barrowford, M65 can be picked up at Colne or Barrowford via Manchester Road, and also easy access to Skipton and surrounding areas including Ribble Valley.
We recommend viewing this charming true cottage and all appointments to be made with the agency.